The next round of meetings for the Floods Thematic Working Groups across our four regional Communities of Practice is fast approaching. If you are engaged in flood risk management, response, and early warning, this is a unique opportunity to collaborate and contribute to capacity building in Earth observation.
🌟 Spotlight Presentation: Major Update to GloFAS 🌟
We are excited to announce that a spotlight presentation will focus on the major update (version 4.0) of the Global Flood Awareness System (GloFAS). This new version introduces several significant improvements, including increased spatial resolution, updated hydrological models, and new return period thresholds.
Why Should You Attend?
- Networking: Connect with experts in your region and globally.
- Resource Identification: Discover new tools, data, and training resources.
- Capacity Building: Help identify and fill regional and national gaps in flood-related capacity development.
- Collaboration: Find partners for your projects and initiatives.
- Africa region – October 18 (13:00-14:15 UTC)
- Americas region – October 18 (16:00-17:15 UTC)
- Asia-Oceania region – October 19 (03:00-04:15 UTC)
- Europe region – October 19 (13:00-14:15 UTC)
Please register here to receive a calendar invite with the teleconference link.
What’s Expected of You:
As a member of the thematic working group, you will:
- Participate in meetings at least quarterly or bi-annually (frequency varies by region).
- Engage online and collaborate between meetings to sustain progress.
- Contribute to EOTEC DevNet global products, such as flood-related capacity building resources, guidance documents, and use cases.
- Professional engagement in Earth observations and flood-related topics.
- Knowledge of relevant data, tools, and training resources.
- Strong connections to subject matter experts, researchers, and data providers.
- A passion for supporting and growing this network.
We look forward to your active participation and valuable contributions!