This course will cover the very basics of satellite remote sensing and application of satellite data in daily operations, mostly focusing on the meteorological applications.
Through a series of interactive seminars you will be able to:
– advance the knowledge about the satellite systems and utility
– learn about the basics of satellite remote sensing (imagers, sounders, microwave instruments)
– get insight into the utility of the data and products
– see examples of (regional) data applications
– peek at some of the tools for data processing and visualisation
– learn about the novel satellites and the data
Participation is free and participants form Middle East region are especially encouraged to join (local examples and experience will be shared).