Please join the ARSET first lightning style training, designed to support high demand and interest from the applications community in new NASA Earth observing technologies that can be used to support resources management. This webinar will focus on a NASA instrument that was launched and installed on the International Space Station in Summer 2018. Designed to study terrestrial ecosystems and plant water stress from the ISS, ECOSTRESS can also be used to better understand crop health, volcanoes, urban heat, wildland fires, coastal systems, and much more.
The primary science and applications mission of ECOSTRESS is to address three critical questions around vegetation health and agriculture:
– How is the terrestrial biosphere responding to changes in water availability?
– How do changes in diurnal vegetation water stress impact the global carbon cycle?
– Can agricultural vulnerability be reduced through advanced monitoring of agricultural water consumptive use and improved drought estimation?
Course Date: November 20, 2019
Time: 12:00 – 13:00 EST (UTC-5)
Relevant UN Sustainable Development Goals:
– SDG 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
– SDG 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss